Sunday, October 29, 2006

Googling my Blog

Like many others (I hope!) I Google myself from time to time, not that I have an ego problem or anything like that. It is interesting to see how many other people have your name and are doing something noteworthy, or should I say Googleworthy. Plus, you sometimes find some real interesting web sites. Anyway, I finally did find my name on page 68 or so and that was good because it confirmed something I had done last year. I signed a letter requesting that evolution be taught as a science in schools, and lo and behold, there I was with thousands of other clergy supporting evolution.

Then I Googled my blog, Rural Rantings , and to my dismay the first hit was Rural Rantings by Wild Woman or some such name. I then went through about 20 pages of rural and rantings in one form or another and didn't find my Blog, on a Google site no less. I was crushed. I know that no one reads these rambling rantings, but I thought Google would at least acknowledge that it existed. What a blow to my ego. I am sufficiently chastised. I shall go and ego no more. Mea Culpa, mea maxima culpa.

No comments: