Monday, January 08, 2007

Now I'm a 2 Blog Guy (with pictures)

I guess I should pay closer attention to what they call my user name. It seems as though every site that assigns a user name does it differently. The other night I couldn't sign into this blog because they were changing things over, so I wound up with a new blog, Rural Church Mouse. Now for some reason I can't sign in on the new blog but I can find the old one. So here I am. I'm not sure I can keep 2 going. I don't have as much to say as I thought.

The picture is what I see out of my living room window some mornings. The horizon behind the trees is our local landmark called Vale Butte, but labeled Rinehart Butte on the maps. Rinehart built the first building here in the 1870's so he gets his name on things. The hill the maps call Vale Butte is behind Rinehart Butte and runs more East - West, whereas Rinehart Butte runs North - South. I guess that's more information than anyone really wanted. Anyway, the picture is of a fairly common sunrise in the summer. In the winter the sun comes up further south and doesn't give us quite such a spectacular display. The second picture is a winter sunset taken south of town. I was a little late getting to a good spot without trees and buildings so it is not as spectacular as it was in person. We do get great sunsets in the dry part of Oregon.

No comments: